Radical Sportscars, one of the world's most successful racing car manufacturers, has blurred the lines between road and race performance with the introduction of its new road-legal sports car - the Rapture.
“The new Radical Rapture tops the brand's range, bringing race-inspired design to the road.” Sam Jenkins, Evo.
High performance combined with real downforce, makes the Radical Rapture an exciting new road-legal track day car, which is accessible to both experienced drivers and novices alike.
Each Radical Rapture owner will benefit from a tailored track tuition package to ensure every owner gets the best out of their new high performance car.
“The Rapture is, predictably, quite light. 765kg, all-in. so it’s fast – 0-60mph takes 3 seconds flat, and 0-100mph 8.4 seconds. The top speed is 165mph.” Tom Harrison, Top Gear.
Power is delivered through a turbocharged 360bhp Ford EcoBoost engine, reworked by Radical Performance Engines, which is linked to a paddle shift six-speed gear change with auto-blipper to perfectly match engine revs to road speed.
The Radical Nik-link suspension system has been optimised for both road and track use and is equipped with fully adjustable dampers for complete control.
“In fact, while thunderously quick, with a consistent, relentless shove across a wide rev range from the EcoBoost motor, eye-popping stopping power from the brakes (300mm 48-vane fully-floating discs at the front, 280mm versions at the rear, with four-pot calipers) and excellent grip through the turns, the Rapture remained calm and composed.” Will Dron, The Sunday Times Driving.
Featuring a lightweight spaceframe chassis with FIA-compliant safety cell and crash structure, and high-downforce composite bodywork, complete with adjustable rear wing and diffuser, the pure race-bred Radical Rapture corners with phenomenal prowess.
“If you want physics-defying performance that you can exploit on public roads, it begins to feel like a bit of a steal.” Felix Page, Autocar.
"Unless you're lucky enough to come from the world of single seater or prototype racing, driving a Radical at speed requires a complete reset. Everything you've learned before from road cars is no longer relevant and the laws of physics seem to have been turned on their head, such is the step up in performance."
Sam Sheehan, Pistonheads December 2019
0 - 60 mph3.0 sec
0 - 100 mph8.4 sec
Top Speed165 mph
Rapture Standard Features
- RPE-Ford 2261cc, turbocharged engine with split-event direct injection, twin-independent variable cam timing and fly-by-wire throttle
- LIFE engine management system
- Six-speed sequential transaxle with integral Quaife ATB differential
- Paddleshift gear change with auto-blipper
- Mid-engine, rear wheel drive
- Lightweight spaceframe chassis with FIA-compliant safety cell and crash structure
- LMP-inspired, high-downforce composite bodywork
- Full road lighting
- Bi-plane high-downforce road/trackday rear wing and diffuser
- Electrically-adjustable, heated mirrors
- 300mm (front) 280mm (rear), 48-vane fully-floating disc brakes with four-pot calipers
Safety and Security
- Remote engine immobiliser
- Fire extinguisher system
- Multifunction steering wheel with integral indicators, horn and headlight controls
- Sculpted dash with warning lights and momentary switches
- AiM MXS multifunction LCD dash display with logging function
- Cockpit heater and courtesy light
- 2 x moulded, racing seats with integral headrest and multi-point harness
- 12V auxiliary socket
- Fully adjustable Nik-link suspension system optimised for road and track use
- Front and rear unequal length top and bottom wishbones
- Forged centre-lock hubs
- Interchangeable anti-roll bars
- Bespoke Intrax Racing adjustable ARC dampers
- Length: 4.10m
- Width: 1.79m
- Height: 1.11m
- Dry weight: 765kg